Wednesday, January 21, 2009

RECAP - CHAMPIONSHIP WEEKEND

This week: 1-1 (7-3 playoffs)

Have no fear; Underdog is here!
Philadelphia Eagles @ Arizona Cardinals
Line: Eagles -4
O/U: 47
My Pick: Cards +4. Arizona goes to the Super Bowl with a 33-30 victory!
Result: Cards 32-25
I picked it, but still can't believe it myself! What a huge win for that franchise, and for those Arizona fans who have stayed with the team through its struggles. I can't wait to see what they can put together against Whisenhunt's old team, and the #1 defense in the league. Too bad the super bowl is in the Eastern Time Zone, though...

Got the team right, got the score wrong...
Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers
Line: Steelers -6
O/U: 34
My Pick: Ravens +6. Steelers Travel To Tampa With a 10-7 Win! And I expect both of those to be defensive Touchdowns...
Result: Steelers 23-14
It was the extra defensive touchdown that put this game away, and cost me against the spread. Pittsburgh's offense had some success, and like people said all week, the Ravens D looked a little off, a little old, a little tired...just not the same team. We'll see how Pittsburgh plays against the high-flying Cards...Polumalu better be at 100% for that one, as he will be desperately needed!

No comments: