Thursday, January 29, 2009

SUPER BOWL XLIII

Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Arizona Cardinals
Line: Steelers -7
O/U: 46.5

Nobody saw this coming, I assure you of that. Remember back in early January when television analysts were annoyed that the NFL playoff system allowed 8-8 and 9-7 teams to participate? Well, the 8-8 team beat a super bowl favorite, and the 9-7 team is playing on Sunday. So I guess the system is just fine. It has been a great run for Arizona. Alas, every good thing must end. I would love to see Cardinals fans finally get to enjoy that trophy, but I can't see it happening. Pittsburgh was good all year, but peaked at the right time, and is playing very well right now. I have picked the Cards to cover in every round so far, but even with a 7 point spread, I can't do it again.
Steelers -7. Pittsburgh hoists another trophy...does it make them the greatest franchise in NFL history? Steelers 28-20.

No comments: