Thursday, September 23, 2010

NFL Week Two Recap

Week Two Picks: 11-5
Week Two ATS: 5-10-1
Overall Picks: 19-13
Overall ATS: 12-17-3

Obviously I've taken a few too many chances in the first two weeks of the season...who would pick the Browns to cover twice in a row (and lose both)? Apparently I would. Awful. That won't happen again.

Another Offensive Performance
BUFFALO BILLS @ GREEN BAY PACKERS
Line: Packers -13
O/U: 43
My Pick: Bills +13. Green Bay wins 24-13.
Result: Packers 34-7
I honestly thought I picked the Packers. Whoops.

How good are the Steelers?
PITTSBURGH STEELERS @ TENNESSEE TITANS
Line: Titans -5
O/U: 36.5
My Pick: Steelers +5. This spread is just too big. Steelers win outright 17-13.
Result: Steelers 19-11
I was right on with this pick. Pittsburgh's D is formidable, and Tennessee isn't that good.

Young Guns
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS @ CAROLINA PANTHERS
Line: Panthers -3
O/U: 39
My Pick: Panthers -3. The trends continue. Carolina wins 24-13.
Result: Bucs 20-7
Tampa is 2-0. Wow. I'm still not sure what to expect out of them, but Freeman has been very solid. And the D isn't bad, either. Carolina isn't great, but I expected more from them.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the 2-0 Kansas City Chiefs!
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS @ CLEVLAND BROWNS
Line: Browns -2
O/U: 38
My Pick: Browns -2. I hate to take Cleveland again, but I really think they'll win. Browns 24-20.
Result: Chiefs 16-14
The Chiefs' offense has been disappointing, but their defense has really impressed me. They're still not a playoff team, but I expect them to get 6 or 7 wins by the end of the season.

Just Enough
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES @ DETROIT LIONS
Line: Eagles -6
O/U: 41.5
My Pick: Eagles -6. I expect big things from Vick. Philly rolls 34-13.
Result: Eagles 35-32
I should have been right, but the Eagles defense decided to stop playing in the 4th quarter.

WTF?
MIAMI DOLPHINS @ MINNESOTA VIKINGS
Line: Vikings -5.5
O/U: 39
My Pick: Vikings -5.5. Favre tears apart Miami and the Vikes roll 30-10.
Result: Dolphins 14-10
The Vikings have no receivers, which means no passing game, which means everyone can key on AP and shut down the O. Miami's defense was good for the second week in a row, which has me reconsidering their potential.

No Surprise
ARIZONA CARDINALS @ ATLANTA FALCONS
Line: Falcons -6.5
O/U: 43
My Pick: Falcons -6.5. Atlanta wins at home 27-14.
Result: Falcons 41-7
Arizona never plays well on the east coast. But this year, I don't think they're going to play well anywhere. They look pretty bad.

Cincy has Baltimore's number...
BALTIMORE RAVENS @ CINCINNATI BENGALS
Line: Ravens -1.5
O/U: 40
My Pick: Bengals +1.5. I just think Cincy has Baltimore figured out lately. And they're at home. Bengals 17-14.
Result: Bengals 15-10
Baltimore has to score more than 10 points if they're going to win games. I have no idea what the Bengals' D has been doing to shut down the Ravens, but they've done it successfully 3 times in a row.

America's Nobodys
CHICAGO BEARS @ DALLAS COWBOYS
Line: Cowboys -7.5
O/U: 40.5
My Pick: Cowboys -7.5. I hesitate to trust them Cowboys, but I don't think the Bears will score much. Dallas 17-6.
Result: Bears 27-20
Dallas is not in sync. They will get better, but I don't know if they'll be able to put it together enough to make the playoffs in a very tough division. Chicago is hit or miss. Hopefully I'm smart enough to pick them only when they're "hit".

Jamarcus Who?
ST. LOUIS RAMS @ OAKLAND RAIDERS
Line: Raiders -3.5
O/U: 37.5
My Pick: Raiders -3.5. I'm picking Oakland 2 weeks in a row? It's a cold day in hell. Oakland wins 23-16.
Result: Raiders 16-14
I should have known. I mentioned last week that the Raiders always play down to the competition, so it was little surprise that they let St. Louis hang around enough to beat the spread.

I Hate Denver
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS @ DENVER BRONCOS
Line: Broncos -3
O/U: 40
My Pick: Seattle +3. It hurts to go against my gut on this one, but I have to say Seattle 23-13.
Result: Broncos 31-14
Last year the "Denver Trick" was to pick against my gut. The prior season, I lost the Denver game each week no matter what I did. So I guess we're back to that trend.

Blowout
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS @ SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
Line: Chargers -7
O/U: 45.5
My Pick: Chargers -7. San Diego is mad; they take it out on the Jaguars 38-17.
Result: Chargers 38-13
That pick was darn close to perfect.

Back on Track
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS @ NEW YORK JETS
Line: Patriots -2.5
O/U: 38
My Pick: Jets +2.5. Heart beats brain in this case. We'll see if it works. Jets win 20-16.
Result: Jets 28-14
I figured the Jets would rebound from their poor week one showing. Now we'll see how good they are without Revis, assuming he's out for a week or two with his injured Hammy.

How? Wha? Huh?
HOUSTON TEXANS @ WASHINGTON REDSKINS
Line: Texans -3
O/U: 43.5
My Pick: Texans -3. Houston wins 27-17.
Result: Texans 30-27 (ot)
Around 6pm on Sunday night I went to prepare dinner. When I returned the the TV, this game was tied. Hey Washington - What the hell happened? Don't get me wrong, the comeback to tie the spread helped me. But come on, Redskins. You have to be able to hold a 17 point lead.

Big Brother Wins Again
NEW YORK GIANTS @ INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
Line: Colts -5.5
O/U: 48
My Pick: Giants +5.5. New York covers, but Indy wins 27-24.
Result: Colts 38-14
I should have known the Colts would be out for blood. A stupid pick on my part.

Champs Keep Winning
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS @ SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
Line: Saints -5.5
O/U: 44
My Pick: Saints -5.5. The 49ers have more work to do. The Saints "house" San Fran 45-10.
Result: Saints 25-22
Again, I should have known the 49ers would come out with more intensity this week. At least the Saints pulled out the victory, because without Reggie Bush they may have some issues in the coming weeks.

No comments: