Friday, January 8, 2010

NFL Wild Card Preview

Saturday, January 9th, 4:30 pm:

New York Jets @ Cincinnati Bengals
Line: Bengals -2.5
O/U: 34
I think this is the only rematch that will have a different outcome. Cincinnati has played very well all season long against run-oriented teams with great defenses (4-0 vs. PIT and BAL...). They clearly didn't care about Sunday night's game, and simply let the Jets do whatever they wanted. As long as they can stop the run, they'll win. And I'd rather not bet on a rookie QB in the playoffs.
My Pick: Bengals -2.5. Cincy wins 23-17.

Saturday, January 9th, 8:00 pm:

Philadelphia Eagles @ Dallas Cowboys
Line: Cowboys -4
O/U: 45
The Cowboys are incredibly hot right now, and the defense is absolutely stellar. I'm not sure how the team will react to the playoffs, though. Dallas has had a long drought, and once "curse" thoughts start to trickle into the players' minds, a "Red Sox" situation is a real possibility. It's also very tough to beat a very good team 3 times in one year, although it has obviously been done. I can't pick against the Boys winning the way they've been playing, but I think it will be close.
My Pick: Eagles +4. Dallas wins 27-24.

Sunday, January 10th, 1pm:

Baltimore Ravens @ New England Patriots
Line: Patriots -3
O/U: 43
Welker's injury is a huge blow, but Edelman is better than people think. Welker missed time earlier in the year, and the Patriots weren't that much easier to beat. Plus they have experience and know how to win in the postseason. Baltimore hasn't lost to any bad teams this season, but most of their wins are against non-playoff teams. The only big win they have is @San Diego, and that was before the Chargers gelled into the powerhouse they are right now.
My Pick: Patriots -3. New England wins 28-13.

Sunday, January 10th, 4:40 pm:

Green Bay Packers @ Arizona Cardinals
Line: 0
O/U: 47
The Packers killed the Cards in week 17, and I'm not sure how different this week will be. Don't get me wrong, it'll be closer. But does Arizona have enough up its sleeve to beat a defense that has been so solid all year long? I don't think so.
My Pick: Packers pk. Green Bay wins 27-23.

No comments: