Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Week Fifteen Recap

Week Fifteen Picks: 11-5
Week Fifteen ATS: 11-5
Overall Picks: 145-79
Overall ATS: 121-98-5

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
Line: Chargers -9.5
O/U: 44.5
My Pick: Chargers -9.5. San Diego rolls 33-16.
Result: Chargers 34-7
Close enough. That one was predictable...

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS @ BALTIMORE RAVENS
Line: Ravens -1.5
O/U: 43.5
My Pick: Ravens -1.5. Baltimore wins 20-17.
Result: Ravens 30-24
A little less Baltimore defense than I expected, but they still pulled it out. This could be a Super Bowl preview, depending on how the playoffs shake out.

ARIZONA CARDINALS @ CAROLINA PANTHERS
Line: Panthers -2.5
O/U: 38
My Pick: Cards +2.5. Arizona wins 23-20.
Result: Panthers 19-12
I never should have picked the Cards to do anything positive on the East Coast.

CLEVELAND BROWNS @ CINCINNATI BENGALS
Line: Bengals -1.5
O/U: 40
My Pick: Bengals -1.5. Cincy wins 23-20.
Result: Bengals 19-17
The Bengals made that one a little too close for comfort! TO's injury would have been devastating if Cincy wasn't already irrelevant...

WASHINGTON REDSKINS @ DALLAS COWBOYS
Line: Cowboys -5.5
O/U: 46
My Pick: Cowboys -5.5. Dallas wins 27-13.
Result: Cowboys 33-30
Really Dallas? You let Rex Grossman throw 4 TD passes against your defense? Wow.

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS @ INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
Line: Colts -5
O/U: 48.5
My Pick: Colts -5. Indy shows why they've won the AFC South 6 of the last 7 years with a 34-14 drubbing of the Jags.
Result: Colts 34-24
The Jags stayed with the Colts better than I expected. Thank goodness for that awful onside kick that was easily returned for a TD - otherwise the Colts would have killed the clock and I wouldn't have beaten the spread!

BUFFALO BILLS @ MIAMI DOLPHINS
Line: Dolphins -5.5
O/U: 40
My Pick: Bills +5.5. Buffalo wins outright 17-13.
Result: Bills 17-14
One point off - Pretty darn good. Never go against the Bills beating the Fins at least once a year...we hate them like Cornell hates Harvard (Ok, maybe not quite THAT much...but I did have a "run-in" with a drunk Dolphins fan in the bathroom of Shula's steakhouse and bar when I was 19...let's just say it was pretty solid evidence that there is no love lost between the Bills and Fins)

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES @ NEW YORK GIANTS
Line: Giants -2.5
O/U: 46
My Pick: Giants -2.5. NY wins 23-20.
Result: Eagles 38-31
Well worth it. I'll take that loss - I was laughing my butt off when Jackson picked up that ball and shot right up the middle toward the endzone...you just kinda had the feeling it would happen! Note: I was also laughing during both big Vick runs late in the game, and when the Eagles executed that stellar onside kick. At that time, however, I still thought I was going to win the game against the spread...

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS @ ST. LOUIS RAMS
Line: Rams -3
O/U: 42.5
My Pick: Chiefs win 24-13.
Result: Chiefs 27-13
Not bad! I'm having a good week...

DETROIT LIONS @ TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
Line: Bucs -6
O/U: 43
My Pick: Lions +6. Bucs win 20-17.
Result: Lions 23-20 (ot)
ANOTHER 23-20 overtime game! Look back at the schedule - you'll be amazed at how many times this has been the final score of an NFL Overtime game in 2010. I didn't call the Lions to win, but I should have - I knew they'd play the Bucs tough.

HOUSTON TEXANS @ TENNESSEE TITANS
Line: Titans -1.5
O/U: 47.5
My Pick: Texans +1.5. Houston wins 34-23.
Result: Titans 31-17
I thought the Texans would be fighting against the Titans, and not against each other!

ATLANTA FALCONS @ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
Line: Falcons -6
O/U: 45
My Pick: Falcons -6. Atlanta rolls 34-10.
Result: Falcons 34-18
Atlanta is a solid football team...their consistency is phenomenal...but can they win the big game in the playoffs? We'll find out...

DENVER BRONCOS @ OAKLAND RAIDERS
Line: Raiders -6.5
O/U: 43
My Pick: Broncos +6.5. Denver wins outright 23-20.
Result: Raiders 39-23
I forgot the Denver "catch-22"! Denver screws me over a lot, so I tend to pick against my gut when it comes to the Broncos. What I forgot was that no matter what I pick Denver to do, they'll do the opposite. So it had nothing to do with going against my gut...I was bound to lose this one either way.

NEW YORK JETS @ PITTSBURGH STEELERS
Line: Steelers -6
O/U: 36
My Pick: Jets +6. New York wins outright 19-17.
Result: Jets 22-17
The Jets still haven't shown much offensively...thank goodness for Brad Smith! They better figure things out before the playoffs. In the playoffs, defense becomes even more important, so if they can get a serviceable effort from the offense by then, they could contend in the AFC - As long as they don't lay an egg against the Pats again!

GREEN BAY PACKERS @ NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
Line: Pats -14
O/U: 43.5
My Pick: Pats win 30-17.
Result: Pats 31-27
Wow am I lucky! I picked the Pats to win by 13 before I knew the spread, and as it turns out, the spread was 14 - So I got a freebie! The Packers may miss the playoffs...Yikes! I didn't see that one coming.

CHICAGO BEARS @ MINNESOTA VIKINGS
Line: Bears -5.5
O/U: 34
My Pick: Bears 21-6.
Result: Bears 40-14
Ok then...Do the Vikings have a defense anymore? I thought that was their strong suit...no matter how bad Favre and/or Jackson and/or That other QB who I don't know plays, the Vikings' D and Adrian Peterson should have been able to keep them in games this year. It just hasn't happened. Quite the difficult year in Minnesota - Even their stadium couldn't make it through unscathed!

No comments: