Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Week Sixteen Recap

Week Sixteen Picks: 8-8
Week Sixteen ATS: 8-8
Overall Picks: 153-87
Overall ATS: 129-106-5

CAROLINA PANTHERS @ PITTSBURGH STEELERS
Line: Steelers -14.5
O/U: 37
My Pick: Panthers +14.5. Pittsburgh wins 27-13.
Result: Steelers 27-3
As I said, I've done this before and been burned by Pittsburgh. Somehow they're able to blow teams out on cold, run-heavy evenings...

DALLAS COWBOYS @ ARIZONA CARDINALS
Line: Cowboys -7
O/U: 45.5
My Pick: Cowboys -7. Dallas wins 30-20.
Result: Cards 27-26
I was concerned that Dallas might lay an egg...and they did. Awful.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS @ BUFFALO BILLS
Line: Pats -7.5
O/U: 44
My Pick: Pats -7.5. New England rolls 34-13.
Result: Pats 34-3
Did anyone really think the Bills would match up well against the Pats?

NEW YORK JETS @ CHICAGO BEARS
Line: Bears -1
O/U: 36.5
My Pick: Jets +1. New York wins 13-10.
Result: Bears 38-34
I have no explanation for this one...anyone who picked this game to end with both teams over 30 points should be committed...

BALTIMORE RAVENS @ CLEVELAND BROWNS
Line: Ravens -3
O/U: 39.5
My Pick: Ravens -3. Baltimore wins 33-13.
Result: Ravens 20-10
Not the dominating performance I expected, but the Ravens are still in the running for the AFC North title!

WASHINGTON REDSKINS @ JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
Line: Jaguars -7
O/U: 46
My Pick: Redskins +7. Jacksonville wins 27-24.
Result: Skins 20-17
The Redskins end the season having played EVERY AFC South team to within 3 points! Weird. Jacksonville still has a shot at the playoffs, apparently, although ESPN sounded like they had written them off after the loss...An Indy loss and a Jags win would get the Jags in on the "division record" tiebreaker.

TENNESSEE TITANS @ KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Line: Chiefs -4.5
O/U: 42.5
My Pick: Titans +4.5. Tennessee wins outright 17-13.
Result: Chiefs 34-14
My gut may be big, but apparently it's not very smart.

DETROIT LIONS @ MIAMI DOLPHINS
Line: Dolphins -3.5
O/U: 41.5
My Pick: Lions +3.5. Detroit wins outright 20-14.
Result: Lions 34-27
Knew it! Miami sucks at home.

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ ST. LOUIS RAMS
Line: Rams -2.5
O/U: 39.5
My Pick: 49ers +2.5. San Fran wins 26-17.
Result: Rams 25-17
San Fran is done, as well they should be. I let my desire to see a 3-way tie in the NFC West cloud my better judgement...

HOUSTON TEXANS @ DENVER BRONCOS
Line: Texans -3
O/U: 48.5
My Pick: Texans -3. Houston wins 24-10.
Result: Broncos 24-23
Houston should be ashamed of themselves. They were up big and blew it. Ridiculous. I really hate the Broncos...they screw me out of picks at least 10 times a season.

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS @ OAKLAND RAIDERS
Line: Colts -3
O/U: 47
My Pick: Colts -3. Indy wins 30-20.
Result: Colts 31-26
Oakland put up a good fight, but just couldn't get it done. It'd be funny if they won next week...they'd become the first team to ever sweep their division and still miss the playoffs!

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS @ CINCINNATI BENGALS
Line: Chargers -7
O/U: 44
My Pick: Chargers -7. San Diego wins 23-13.
Result: Bengals 34-20
Speaking of being ashamed of themselves...At least San Diego gets to go home, sit on the couch for the next 8 months, and really let their despicable failure set in...

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS @ TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
Line: Bucs -5.5
O/U: 43.5
My Pick: Bucs -5.5. Tampa wins 26-14.
Result: Bucs 38-15
Tampa stays alive, but need a lot of help. Either NO or ATL will get one wild card spot, so there's only one left for the NYG, GB, and TB to fight over. Tampa has no tiebreakers, so they need BOTH of the other two teams to lose, and they'll need to get a win over NO...no easy task with the Saints fighting for the division title and a first round bye. (Note: Even if ATL wins the division, New Orleans basically gets a first-round bye...they'll be the 5-seed, and will play the 4-seed, which is going to be the winner of the NFC West. So in essence, a bye...)

NEW YORK GIANTS @ GREEN BAY PACKERS
Line: Packers -2.5
O/U: 43
My Pick: Packers -2.5. Green Bay wins 30-23.
Result: Packers 45-17
Nothing like a blowout! Green Bay is too good to miss out on the playoffs. Assuming they win this week and get in, they'll go to Philly in round one - which is a win-able game.

MINNESOTA VIKINGS @ PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
Line: Eagles -15.5
O/U: 43
My Pick: Eagles -15.5. Philly rolls 34-10.
Result: Vikings 24-14
Yuck. I'm blaming this one on rescheduling! Philly was too worried about having to play 3 games in 12 or 13 days and didn't seem ready for the Vikings. Plus Vick got hurt on the first play of the game...that may have affected things, too. Looks like a rematch with the Giants or Packers in round one...who would they prefer? They beat the Giants twice, but New York has to be PISSED about that last one. Green Bay beat Philly, but you have to imagine that Philly would have a better shot in round two.

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS @ ATLANTA FALCONS
Line: Falcons -2.5
O/U: 48.5
My Pick: Saints +2.5. New Orleans wins 31-30.
Result: Saints 17-14
Atlanta will still win the division - they play Carolina in week 17, and the Falcons haven't lost to any bad teams yet this season.

No comments: