Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Week Fourteen Recap

Week Fourteen Picks: 12-4
Week Fourteen ATS: 9-7
Overall Picks: 134-74
Overall ATS: 110-93-5

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS @ TENNESSEE TITANS
Line: Colts -3
O/U: 45
My Pick: Colts -3. Indy wins 27-10.
Result: Colts 30-28
Tennessee HAD to score with no time left on the clock...I'm sure a lot of people lost a lot of money on that useless touchdown. Stupid Titans.

CLEVELAND BROWNS @ BUFFALO BILLS
Line: Bills -1
O/U: 39.5
My Pick: Bills -1. Buffalo wins 17-10.
Result: Bills 13-6
Yay! My Bills found a way to get win #3...and I called it!

ATLANTA FALCONS @ CAROLINA PANTHERS
Line: Falcons -7
O/U: 42.5
My Pick: Falcons -7. Atlanta wins 27-13.
Result: Falcons 31-10
Atlanta has beaten all of the teams they were supposed to beat...which can't be said of certain NFL powerhouses (I'm looking at you, New England...)

GREEN BAY PACKERS @ DETROIT LIONS
Line: Packers -6.5
O/U: 46
My Pick: Packers -6.5. Green Bay wins 28-20.
Result: Lions 7-3
It's tough to predict a major injury...But I really thought the Lions would keep it close, and should have picked them to cover. I just didn't trust Drew Stanton.

OAKLAND RAIDERS @ JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
Line: Jaguars -3.5
O/U: 43
My Pick: Jaguars -3.5. Jacksonville wins 20-10.
Result: Jaguars 38-31
I'm glad MJD broke that big TD run late - if he hadn't, the Jags likely would have ended up with a field goal, which would have cost me the win by half a point.

NEW YORK GIANTS @ MINNESOTA VIKINGS
Line: Giants -2.5
O/U: 43
My Pick: Giants -2.5. New York wins 23-20.
Result: Giants 21-3
Favre didn't play, which explains the lack of Vikings points. It's too bad Favre came back...he'd have been better off staying home this season and going out on a much higher note.

CINCINNATI BENGALS @ PITTSBURGH STEELERS
Line: Steelers -8.5
O/U: 39.5
My Pick: Steelers -8.5. Pittsburgh wins 27-17.
Result: Steelers 23-7
Special thanks to Carson Palmer for throwing two pick-6's...The Steelers wouldn't have had any touchdowns without Carson's help, and I'd have lost this one against the rather large spread!

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS @ WASHINGTON REDSKINS
Line: Bucs -1.5
O/U: 41
My Pick: Bucs -1.5. Tampa wins 23-20.
Result: Bucs 17-16
I needed Washington to hit that extra point so that Tampa could win it in OT...How do you screw that up?

ST. LOUIS RAMS @ NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
Line: Saints -9
O/U: 47
My Pick: Saints -9. New orleans wins 45-20.
Result: Saints 31-13
The Saints are good again...if they can beat the Falcons and win the South, they could get home field throughout, which would certainly help them in the quest to repeat as champs.

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS @ SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
Line: 49ers -5.5
O/U: 41.5
My Pick: Seahawks +5.5. Seattle wins outright 23-20.
Result: 49ers 40-21
How did the 49ers score 40 points with Alex Smith at QB? I guess Seattle really is that much worse on the road...

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS @ CHICAGO BEARS
Line: Pats -3
O/U: 41
My Pick: Bears +3. Chicago wins 20-17.
Result: Pats 36-7
My initial reaction to all the talk about this being a close game was to pick the Pats to win it in a landslide...but after seeing the weather forecast, it seemed unlikely that either team would score many points. So much for that idea...

DENVER BRONCOS @ ARIZONA CARDINALS
Line: Broncos -5.5
O/U: 42.5
My Pick: Cardinals +5.5. Arizona wins outright 23-17.
Result: Cards 43-13
I was right - Denver's coaching change did not inspire the team like the changes in Dallas and Minnesota did. Still...how did the Cardinals score 43 points? Their offense has been awful!

MIAMI DOLPHINS @ NEW YORK JETS
Line: Jets -5
O/U: 40
My Pick: Jets -5. New York rolls 31-13.
Result: Dolphins 10-6
It's time for some damage control in NYC - The Jets had been a stellar bounce-back team before this game, which is why I never even considered the thought that they'd lose. There are issues in NY, and the Jets better figure them out quick - because the Pats are looking pretty good.

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS @ SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
Line: Chargers -7
O/U: 46.5
My Pick: Chargers -7. San Diego wins 26-17.
Result: Chargers 31-0
Kansas City minus Matt Cassel equals Syracuse University? The Chiefs looked like they were in a different class against San Diego, and Brodie Croyle was useless. Get well soon Matt Cassel!

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES @ DALLAS COWBOYS
Line: Eagles -3.5
O/U: 50.5
My Pick: Eagles -3.5. Philly wins 31-21.
Result: Eagles 30-27
I hate losing to the spread by a half point - and it happened twice this week! Had the Cowboys not scored that late TD, I would have been darn close to an exact pick. Stupid Cowboys...

BALTIMORE RAVENS @ HOUSTON TEXANS
Line: Ravens -3
O/U: 45.5
My Pick: Ravens -3. Baltimore takes out some frustration with a 34-13 romp.
Result: Ravens 34-28 (ot)
Thank you Schaub - Your overtime pick-6 ensured a win when I thought all hope was lost! Had he not thrown that awful pass off his back foot, the Texans may have scored. And if not, the Ravens likely would have gotten only a field goal coming back the other way, and I would have ended up with a push against the spread. Nobody likes ties...

No comments: