Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Week Thirteen Recap

Week Twelve Picks: 11-5
Week Thirteen ATS: 9-7
Overall Picks: 122-70
Overall ATS: 101-86-5

HOUSTON TEXANS @ PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
Line: Eagles -8
O/U: 51
My Pick: Texans +8. Philly wins 38-33.
Result: Eagles 34-24
The Eagles had to score that extra touchdown late...

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS @ CINCINNATI BENGALS
Line: Saints -6.5
O/U: 46
My Pick: Saints -6.5. New Orleans wins 38-17.
Result: Saints 34-30
The Saints didn't play well enough defensively to win this game decisively. I'm sure they'll be better next week - they're a solid bounce-back team.

CHICAGO BEARS @ DETROIT LIONS
Line: Bears -3
O/U: 44.5
My Pick: Bears -3. Chicago wins 27-23.
Result: Bears 24-20
I was pretty much dead on with this pick...the Lions are a solid team, but the Bears are legitimately good this year.

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ GREEN BAY PACKERS
Line: Packers -9
O/U: 41.5
My Pick: Packers -9. Green Bay rolls 34-17.
Result: Packers 34-16
It wasn't looking good early, but the Packers turned it on and pulled away from the 49ers. One point from an exact pick...nice!

DENVER BRONCOS @ KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Line: Chiefs -9
O/U: 48.5
My Pick: Broncos +9. Kansas City wins 20-19
Result: Chiefs 10-6
I knew the Chiefs wouldn't blow out Denver, but for the Broncos to score only 6 points against a defense they dismantled the first time around is pretty bad. No wonder McDaniels is gone.

CLEVELAND BROWNS @ MIAMI DOLPHINS
Line: Dolphins -4.5
O/U: 43
My Pick: Dolphins -4.5. Miami wins 30-13.
Result: Browns 13-10
Apparently I forgot how bad the Dolphins offense was...yikes!

BUFFALO BILLS @ MINNESOTA VIKINGS
Line: Vikings -5.5
O/U: 45
My Pick: Bills +5.5. Buffalo loses another close game 17-13.
Result: Vikings 38-14
I picked the Bills to win, so it's no wonder that they were blown out for the first time in over a month...

WASHINGTON REDSKINS @ NEW YORK GIANTS
Line: Giants -7
O/U: 43.5
My Pick: Redskins +7. Giants win 20-17.
Result: Giants 31-7
Glad to see the Redskins decided to show up...

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS @ TENNESSEE TITANS
Line: Titans -2
O/U: 41.5
My Pick: Titans -2. Tennessee wins 20-13.
Result: Jaguars 17-6
Hindsight is 20/20 - In hindsight, I'm an idiot. The Jags are playing well, the Titans aren't. But there is a lot of talent in Tennessee - I think I'm still thinking of them as the team that crushed the Giants, and not as the team that can't beat the Jaguars...

OAKLAND RAIDERS @ SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
Line: Chargers -12.5
O/U: 45
My Pick: Raiders +12.5. San Diego wins 34-24.
Result: Raiders 28-13
So the AFC West isn't cut-and-dry after all...Go Chiefs!

ATLANTA FALCONS @ TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
Line: Falcons -3
O/U: 44.5
My Pick: Falcons -3. Atlanta wins 27-17.
Result: Falcons 28-24
I'm glad this spread wasn't bigger...Tampa really gave the Falcons a game! Coaching has made all the difference in KC and Tampa this year - these teams stunk last year, but now, with a little confidence, they're both quite dangerous. The Chiefs moreso than the Bucs, as Tampa really doesn't have any quality wins.

ST. LOUIS RAMS @ ARIZONA CARDINALS
Line: Rams -3.5
O/U: 43
My Pick: Cards +3.5. Arizona wins outright 23-20.
Result: Rams 19-6
Glad I continue to have no faith in the Rams...

DALLAS COWBOYS @ INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
Line: Colts -5.5
O/U: 47.5
My Pick: Cowboys +5.5. Indy wins 30-28.
Result: Cowboys 38-35 (ot)
Dallas is a LOT better under Garrett. And Indy is really struggling...they might miss the playoffs!

CAROLINA PANTHERS @ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
Line: Seahawks -6
O/U: 40
My Pick: Seahawks -6. Seattle rolls the Panthers 33-13.
Result: Seahawks 31-14
Again, dead on. Seattle is predictable at home against crappy teams...somehow they manage to make themselves look decent.

PITTSBURGH STEELERS @ BALTIMORE RAVENS
Line: Ravens -3
O/U: 40
My Pick: Steelers +3. Pittsburgh wins 17-13.
Result: Steelers 13-10
Called it. Big Ben doesn't lose to the Ravens.

NEW YORK JETS @ NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
Line: Pats -3
O/U: 45.5
My Pick: Pats -3. New England wins 24-20.
Result: Pats 45-3
I don't think anyone called the score, but the Pats' victory doesn't surprise me. Belichick is a genius when he has extra time to game plan, Brady doesn't lose at home, and the two together never get swept in a season. It was the perfect storm - they were bound to win.

No comments: