Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Championship Weekend Preview

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP

GREEN BAY PACKERS @ CHICAGO BEARS
Line: Packers -3.5
O/U: 43.5
This'll be an outstanding game. The Packers have been playing very well, but the Bears always seem to know how to shut down Green Bay's offense. The two games they've played against one another so far this year have been intense and very close. I don't think I'd give either team 3 1/2 points!
My Pick: Bears +3.5. Packers win 23-21.

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP

NEW YORK JETS @ PITTSBURGH STEELERS
Line: Steelers -3.5
O/U: 38.5
This game amounts to the same situation as the NFC Championship game...I'm not sure I can pick either team to win by 3 1/2! I want to pick the Jets for three reasons: because they are playing fantastic defense, they want to win for their coach (who has lost in a league title game 2 straight years), and they're a great road team. Instead, however, I have to take the Steelers - The Jets seemed a little too excited about last week's win, and we often see teams put forth less-than-stellar efforts after a big, emotional win. In a sense, the Jets already had their Super Bowl...
My Pick: Jets +3.5. Steelers win 27-24.

No comments: