Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Divisional Weekend Recap


Divisional Picks: 2-2
Divisional ATS: 2-2
Overall Picks: 168-96
Overall ATS: 142-117-5

BALTIMORE RAVENS @ PITTSBURGH STEELERS
Line: Steelers -3
O/U: 37
My Pick: Ravens +3. Baltimore wins 17-13.
Result: Steelers 31-24
My gut said to take the Steelers, but I like the Ravens...Oh well. I thought Ray Lewis would be more of a factor, but he was nearly invisible.

GREEN BAY PACKERS @ ATLANTA FALCONS
Line: Falcons -2.5
O/U: 43.5
My Pick: Falcons -2.5. Atlanta wins 20-17 (again).
Result: Packers 48-21
Again, my gut said to take the Packers...why don't I listen to my gut when it comes to Saturday games? Quite the disappointment for Atlanta, but Green Bay is playing awfully well right now...

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS @ CHICAGO BEARS
Line: Bears -10
O/U: 41
My Pick: Bears -10. Chicago wins 17-3.
Result: Bears 35-24
I'm surprised the Bears' D weakened late and allowed the Seahawks to score 24 points. Thankfully they still fell short of the spread, finished 2 games under .500, and lost 10 games by no less than 11 points. Why am I thankful for this? Because even after they knocked out the defending champs (who REFUSED to play defense in that game...), I still don't think they deserved a playoff berth. The aforementioned stats prove my point.

NEW YORK JETS @ NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
Line: Pats -8.5
O/U: 44.5
My Pick: Jets +8.5. New York wins outright 20-19.
Result: Jets 28-21
I wasn't all that sure about this pick, but for some reason I like the "fight" the Jets have in them. I'm not thrilled about their desire to "rub it in" after they won, but I do understand their pregame frustration and the fact that they thought Brady rubbed it in after the Pats dismantled them in early December. Brady wasn't running around the field with his arms stretched out like a 5-year-old playing "airplane", however. Real mature, Jets. Real mature. Not sure why I would have expected anything different...

No comments: