Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Championship Weekend Recap

Championship Weekend Picks: 2-0
Championship Weekend ATS: 0-2
Overall Picks: 170-96
Overall ATS: 142-119-5

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP

GREEN BAY PACKERS @ CHICAGO BEARS
Line: Packers -3.5
O/U: 43.5
My Pick: Bears +3.5. Packers win 23-21.
Result: Packers 21-14
This one wasn't as entertaining as I thought it would be. As a result, it was a wider margin of victory than I expected. And yes, I think Cutler is a wuss.

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP

NEW YORK JETS @ PITTSBURGH STEELERS
Line: Steelers -3.5
O/U: 38.5
My Pick: Jets +3.5. Steelers win 27-24.
Result: Steelers 24-19
The Steelers' defensive TD late in the first half really doomed the Jets, but I think it was their early lack of committment to the run game that ultimately caused their season to end. They're a run-first, defensive team with a second-year quarterback...there is no reason for them to throw the ball so much. Once they get behind, I understand that the game plan changes. But when they were still in the game, I'm not sure why they didn't try to run more.

No comments: