Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Week Seventeen Recap

Week Seventeen Picks: 11-5
Week Seventeen ATS: 9-7
Overall Picks: 164-92
Overall ATS: 138-113-5

CAROLINA PANTHERS @ ATLANTA FALCONS
Line: Falcons -14.5
O/U: 41
My Pick: Falcons -14.5. Atlanta rolls 34-3.
Result: Falcons 31-10
Close enough. The Falcons don't lose to bad teams. We'll see how they do in the playoffs, when they have to play good opponents every week. I feel like Atlanta might be one of those teams that is phenomenal in the regular season and gets upset in the first round of the playoffs...

CINCINNATI BENGALS @ BALTIMORE RAVENS
Line: Ravens -9.5
O/U: 43
My Pick: Bengals +9.5. Baltimore wins 23-20.
Result: Ravens 13-7
The Bengals just know how to shut down the Ravens. Baltimore heads into KC for the wildcard round, and I think they'll be able to win with relative ease. Baltimore is very strong against the run, and I don't see Cassel beating the Ravens through the air.

PITTSBURGH STEELERS @ CLEVELAND BROWNS
Line: Steelers -5.5
O/U: 37.5
My Pick: Steelers -5.5. Pittsburgh wins 24-10.
Result: Steelers 41-9
At least the Steelers aren't limping into the playoffs...

MINNESOTA VIKINGS @ DETROIT LIONS
Line: Lions -3
O/U: 42
My Pick: Vikings +3. Minny wins 23-13.
Result: Lions 20-13
I thought Favre would end up playing. My Bad...

OAKLAND RAIDERS @ KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Line: Chiefs -3.5
O/U: 43.5
My Pick: Raiders +3.5. Oakland wins 24-20.
Result: Raiders 31-10
HAHAHAHA! Oakland went 6-0 in the AFC West and still missed the playoffs! They're the first team in NFL history to pull off that "feat".

MIAMI DOLPHINS @ NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
Line: Pats -3.5
O/U: 43
My Pick: Dolphins +3.5. New England still wins 20-17.
Result: Pats 38-7
I didn't realize Belichick was going to play Brady and all of his starters for nearly the whole game...too bad Brady didn't get hurt, just to teach Belichick a lesson...

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS @ NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
Line: Saints -8
O/U: 46.5
My Pick: Bucs +8. New Orleans wins 27-23.
Result: Bucs 23-13
Good to see that the Bucs waited until week 17 to get a marquee win! The Saints are limping into the playoffs again, but it worked out OK for them last season...

BUFFALO BILLS @ NEW YORK JETS
Line: 0
O/U: 39.5
My Pick: Jets win 17-13.
Result: Jets 38-7
Not a great way for the Bills to end the season. The Jets' backups look promising!

CHICAGO BEARS @ GREEN BAY PACKERS
Line: Packers -10
O/U: 41.5
My Pick: Bears +10. Packers win 17-14.
Result: Packers 10-3
When the Bears played the Jets, a defensive battle did not ensue. In week 17, two of the league's best defenses proved to be exactly that. Despite a mild allegiance to the Eagles, I hope the Packers win and drive all the way to the NFC Championship for a date with the Bears...

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS @ HOUSTON TEXANS
Line: Jags -2.5
O/U: 49.5
My Pick: Jags -2.5. Jacksonville wins 28-21.
Result: Texans 34-17
Wow. Talk about blowing your chance at a playoff berth. The Jags wouldn't have gotten in anyway, but who knows what a win would have done to the psyche of the Colts, who were locked in a battle with the Titans and were watching the scoreboard to find out what was happening with the Jags.

TENNESSEE TITANS @ INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
Line: Colts -10
O/U: 48
My Pick: Colts -10. Indy rolls 33-10.
Result: Colts 23-20
Awful. Indy should have rolled into the postseason. This is not the same Indy team that defeated the Jets in last year's playoffs, and I don't think they have what it takes to beat New York again...

DALLAS COWBOYS @ PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
Line: Eagles -3
O/U: N/A
My Pick: Cowboys win 20-10.
Result: Cowboys 14-13
You had to figure this would happen...the Eagles are only good when they're fired up...and they had nothing to be fired up about in week 17.

NEW YORK GIANTS @ WASHINGTON REDSKINS
Line: Giants -4
O/U: 44.5
My Pick: Giants -4. New York wins 37-14.
Result: Giants 17-14
I hate late touchdowns...The Giants didn't deserve a playoff berth if they couldn't even break 20 against a crappy Redskins defense. Better luck next year.

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS @ DENVER BRONCOS
Line: Chargers -3
O/U: 47
My Pick: Broncos +3. Denver wins 23-20.
Result: Chargers 33-28
San Diego tried to let the Broncos come all the way back, but Denver fell just short. I didn't realize the Chargers would be trying, which is why I picked the Broncos. I guess San Diego had some pride after all...

ARIZONA CARDINALS @ SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
Line: 49ers -6
O/U: 38.5
My Pick: Cards +6. Arizona wins 20-10.
Result: 49ers 38-7
Wow...I didn't think the 49ers would be energized after the firing of Mike Singletary. I guess that was far from the case...then again, the Cards are REALLY bad.

ST. LOUIS RAMS @ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
Line: Rams -3
O/U: 41.5
My Pick: Seahawks +3. Seattle wins the West 20-17.
Result: Seahawks 16-6
Hahaha! A playoff team below .500? Awful, yet somehow glorious.

No comments: