Tuesday, November 30, 2010

NFL Week Twelve Recap

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS @ DETROIT LIONS
Line: Pats -6.5
O/U: 50.5
My Pick: Lions +6.5. New England wins 23-20.
Result: Pats 45-24
I looked like a genius until the fourth quarter. Apparently the Lions only had 45 minutes of decent football in them.

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS @ DALLAS COWBOYS
Line: Saints -4.5
O/U: 49.5
My Pick: Saints -4.5. New Orleans wins 31-19.
Result: Saints 30-27
The Saints didn't use Reggie Bush enough. It was almost like he was out there as a decoy. No wonder the Cowboys had the opportunity to come back.

CINCINNATI BENGALS @ NEW YORK JETS
Line: Jets -9
O/U: 43
My Pick: Bengals +9. New York wins 20-17.
Result: Jets 26-10
So NOW the Jets decide to beat someone handily. Jerks.

GREEN BAY PACKERS @ ATLANTA FALCONS
Line: Falcons -1.5
O/U: 47.5
My Pick: Falcons -1.5. Atlanta wins 20-13.
Result: Falcons 20-17
I was very close on this one. No surprise that the Packers defense was solid, nor that the Falcons were still solid enough to pull out a win. Could the Falcons go 13-3? It seems crazy, but their remaining schedule is pretty darn easy, and they are playing very consistent football.

CAROLINA PANTHERS @ CLEVELAND BROWNS
Line: Browns -9.5
O/U: 37.5
My Pick: Panthers +9.5. Cleveland wins 20-17.
Result: Browns 24-23
Again, close to perfect on the pick. But after my Thanksgiving Day meltdown, my record for this week is destined to be in the toilet.

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS @ NEW YORK GIANTS
Line: Giants -7
O/U: 44
My Pick: Giants -7. New York rolls 33-10.
Result: Giants 24-20
I'm starting to wonder if the Jags are for real. Thankfully I'm well aware that the Giants are worse than advertised, which accounts for the close game. But I do need to be careful, because with the Jags' confidence level riding high, they could be dangerous.

PITTSBURGH STEELERS @ BUFFALO BILLS
Line: Steelers -6.5
O/U: 43.5
My Pick: Steelers -6.5. Pittsburgh wins 23-14.
Result: Steelers 19-16 (ot)
The Bills are playing everyone close right now...until I pick them to do so and they have a monumental collapse and a 20 point loss...

TENNESSEE TITANS @ HOUSTON TEXANS
Line: Texans -6
O/U: 46.5
My Pick: Texans -6. Houston wins 31-13.
Result: Texans 20-0
I knew that new Titans QB was a nobody...guess we'll never see him again...

MINNESOTA VIKINGS @ WASHINGTON REDSKINS
Line: Vikings -1.5
O/U: 44
My Pick: Vikings -1.5. Minnesota wins 24-16.
Result: Vikings 17-13
Still not what I expected out of the Vikings, but a win's a win. Why do they still suck? It makes no sense to me...The defense alone should be able to carry that team to victories.

MIAMI DOLPHINS @ OAKLAND RAIDERS
Line: Raiders -2.5
O/U: 38
My Pick: Dolphins +2.5. Miami wins 23-17.
Result: Dolphins 33-17
Miami finally pulled away. Oakland is not for real. Surprise, surprise.

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS @ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
Line: Chiefs -2
O/U: 44.5
My Pick: Chiefs -2. KC Wins 30-20.
Result: Chiefs 42-24
KC needed another blowout win. How bad is the NFC West? 13 of their 17 total wins have either been against each other or against the AFC West, which is also awful. The 7-9 team that wins the NFC West will lose by 20 in the first round of the playoffs. They may as well give the 5-seed a bye...

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES @ CHICAGO BEARS
Line: Eagles -3
O/U: 43
My Pick: Eagles -3. Philly wins 27-14.
Result: Bears 31-26
I forgot the Bears had an offense and the Eagles' D was inconsistent.

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS @ BALTIMORE RAVENS
Line: Ravens 7.5
O/U: 42
My Pick: Ravens -7.5. Baltimore wins 30-10.
Result: Ravens 17-10
Damn garbage time touchdowns.

ST. LOUIS RAMS @ DENVER BRONCOS
Line: Broncos -3.5
O/U: 44.5
My Pick: Broncos -3.5. Denver wins 20-16.
Result: Rams 36-33
Denver stinks, but thank goodness for the garbage time TD that helped them beat the spread!

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS @ INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
Line: Colts -2.5
O/U: 50.5
My Pick: Colts -2.5. Indy wins 31-28.
Result: Chargers 36-14
Umm...my bad...I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around Indy being a middle-of-the-road team...

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ ARIZONA CARDINALS
Line: 49ers -1
O/U: 40
My Pick: 49ers -1. San Fran wins 20-17.
Result: 49ers 27-6
Even the 49ers can blow out the Cards. That's a sign that change is needed...

No comments: