Friday, November 19, 2010

Week Eleven Preview

CHICAGO BEARS @ MIAMI DOLPHINS
Line: Dolphins -2.5
O/U: 40.5
Analysts think Tyler Thigpen will be a solid QB for the Fins. Their passing game has been stagnant thus far, and I don't see a third-string quarterback making any significant improvements. If Chicago can key on the run, Miami will have trouble scoring. And just because they won once at home doesn't mean it will continue.
My Pick: Bears +2.5. Chicago wins 20-10.

HOUSTON TEXANS @ NEW YORK JETS
Line: Jets -7
O/U: 45.5
The Jets have been playing close games against bad teams lately, so I'm not sure why I'd pick them to beat a full touchdown spread against a Houston team that really needs a win. I may be way off base, and New York may put on an offensive clinic to make up for the last two games, but I like the Texans to get back on track.
My Pick: Texans +7. Houston wins 17-13.

WASHINGTON REDSKINS @ TENNESSEE TITANS
Line: Titans -7
O/U: 44
I hate full-touchdown spreads...Washington's defense is pretty awful right now, but I have to imagine they'll rebound after such a poor performance against Philly. Then again, the Titans are looking to rebound from a bad loss too. I'm making this pick for one reason - Tennessee already beat the rest of the NFC East in convincing fashion.
My Pick: Titans -7. Tennessee rolls 31-20.

BUFFALO BILLS @ CINCINNATI BENGALS
Line: Bengals -5
O/U: 44
Buffalo has been playing very hard lately, and the Bengals may be a little suspect. I don't think the Bills will start phoning it in just because they got a win. I also think they can get under TO's skin a little bit on the field, which will throw Cincy's offense into a downward spiral. The Tocho show isn't working in Cincy - they're just 2-7. To their credit, though, they are losing close games...
My Pick: Bills +5. Buffalo gets its first road win 17-14.

CLEVELAND BROWNS @ JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
Line: Jaguars -1.5
O/U: 44
The Jaguars showed that they can win last week against Houston, but the Browns have been playing some solid football lately, too. After the win over the Pats, I'm sold on them - at least for the moment. They also have the ability to stop the run with big Shaun Rogers at nose tackle, and if you can stop MJD, you can stop the Jags.
My Pick: Browns +1.5. Cleveland wins 23-20.

GREEN BAY PACKERS @ MINNESOTA VIKINGS
Line: Packers -3
O/U: 44
I really want to pick the Packers, but Minnesota is a home underdog, which won't sit well with them, and Favre always plays the Packers hard. If he loses both games against the Packers in his final season, it'll kill him. So I expect him to will the Vikings to victory. Plus the Packers are banged up, and Favre HAS to beat the Packers in his last ever game against them. It's only right...
My Pick: Vikings +3. Minnesota wins 23-17.

OAKLAND RAIDERS @ PITTSBURGH STEELERS
Line: Steelers -7
O/U: 41.5
Now we'll find out if the Raiders are for real. It's still an easy pick, though. Pittsburgh doesn't lose back to back games, and the Raiders have to fly all the way across the country, which tends to be an issue for west-coast teams.
My Pick: Steelers -7. Pittsburgh wins 27-10.

BALTIMORE RAVENS @ CAROLINA PANTHERS
Line: Ravens -10.5
O/U: 37.5
How do great defenses fare against bad offenses? Generally quite well...
My Pick: Ravens -10.5. Baltimore wins 37-10.

DETROIT LIONS @ DALLAS COWBOYS
Line: Cowboys -6
O/U: 46
The Cowboys are playing hard again, and the Lions just lost to the Bills. Detroit has a knack for beating the spread, but I think Dallas is ready to find a little success.
My Pick: Cowboys -6. Dallas wins 30-20.

ARIZONA CARDINALS @ KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Line: Chiefs -7.5
O/U: 44
If KC can't blow out the Cards, they may as well pack it in.
My Pick: Chiefs -7.5. KC Rolls 33-13.

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS @ SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
Line: 49ers -3
O/U: 41.5
The Bucs have showed that they can play, but I'm not sure how traveling to the West Coast will affect them. The last time they went out that way, they downed Arizona. They're also 2-0 thus far against the NFC West. The problem for the Bucs is that the 49ers still think they have a shot at winning the division, and Troy Smith gives them some interesting new options offensively. So not only will they be playing hard, but they have the talent to win big. They haven't put it together yet, but I think they're gradually learning how to win.
My Pick: 49ers -3. San Fran wins 26-20.

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS @ NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
Line: Saints -12
O/U: 44
Wow, no love for the Seahawks. Then again, the oddsmakers aren't stupid - Seattle either gets blown out, or does the blowing out. They're not going to blow out the Saints, so there's only one outcome that makes any sense.
My Pick: Saints -12. New Orleans waffle-stomps the Seahawks 45-10.

ATLANTA FALCONS @ ST. LOUIS RAMS
Line: Falcons -3
O/U: 43
The Rams know how to win, but the Falcons are playing solid football right now. I don't expect them to have any trouble in St. Louis.
My Pick: Falcons -3. Atlanta wins 27-14.

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS @ NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
Line: Pats -3.5
O/U: 50
This pick is going to be an absolute guess. These teams usually play epic battles, so it's possible that the Pats will win by 3. It's also possible that the Colts will win, despite all of their injuries. I'm going to bet based on total numbers - Indy's defense is #18 to New England's #29, and Indy's offense is #4 to New England's #17.
My Pick: Colts +3.5. Indy wins 27-24.

NEW YORK GIANTS @ PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
Line: Eagles -3
O/U: 48
Is it possible for the Giants to win? Yeah, sure. But after last week's performances, I'm giving this one to the Eagles without much of a struggle. I don't know that anyone can stop Vick right now, even the Giants, with their fantastic D-line.
My Pick: Eagles -3. Philly wins 27-17.

DENVER BRONCOS @ SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
Line: Chargers -10
O/U: 50.5
Denver can't put together back-to-back wins over the likes of KC and SD, can they? San Diego is fighting to win the division, and most analysts think they will. Despite some awful early-season losses, I think the Chargers are back and ready to play.
My Pick: Chargers -10. San Diego wins 31-20.

No comments: