Saturday, November 13, 2010

Week Ten Preview

BALTIMORE RAVENS @ ATLANTA FALCONS
Line: Falcons -1
O/U: 44
The Ravens should be able to shut down Turner, and Ed Reed's return makes their D much more formidable against the pass. The Falcons are good; The Ravens are better.
My Pick: Ravens +1. Baltimore wins 23-20.

NEW YORK JETS @ CLEVELAND BROWNS
Line: Jets -3
O/U: 37.5
Rex Ryan will have an excellent game plan to beat his brother. Rob will try to put something together too, but I like Rex better.
My Pick: Jets -3. New York wins 27-17.

HOUSTON TEXANS @ JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
Line: Jags -1
O/U: 49.5
Really? The Jaguars are favored? The Texans D has been bad lately, but their offense is good enough to run away with this one.
My Pick: Texans +1. Houston rolls 34-20.

CAROLINA PANTHERS @ TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
Line: Bucs -7
O/U: 37
Matt Moore is done for the year, but I don't know if I want to take the Bucs to cover a full touchdown against anybody. They've played some good games, but I just don't trust them. In this case, it's not about trust. It's about the odds. And odds are Jimmy Claussen won't lead the Panthers to the end zone...
My Pick: Bucs -7. Tampa wins 20-9.

MINNESOTA VIKINGS @ CHICAGO BEARS
Line: Vikings -1
O/U: 40.5
There have been a lot of distractions surrounding the Vikings, but even if the players don't like Childress, Rice's likely return should spark Favre to make some more magic. The Bears are OK, but even coming off a bye I just don't know how much offense they'll put up. Cutler is very hit or miss.
My Pick: Vikings -1. Minnesota wins 23-20.

CINCINNATI BENGALS @ INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
Line: Colts -7
O/U: 47
Half of Indy's lineup is questionable this week against the Bengals, so I'm not really sure which way to lean. Palmer is a little banged up, though, so I'm not sure how many points the Bengals will be able to score.
My Pick: Bengals +7. Indy is too banged up for me to bet on a blowout. Indy still wins 23-20.

TENNESSEE TITANS @ MIAMI DOLPHINS
Line: 0
O/U: 42.5
The Fins can't win at home, and no matter who plays QB for the Titans, they have Chris Johnson running the ball.
My Pick: Titans win 20-17.

DETROIT LIONS @ BUFFALO BILLS
Line: Bills -1.5
O/U: 45.5
Wait, the Bills are favored? Umm...Even without Stafford, the Lions have looked quite good this year. The Bills could pull this off, but I don't think it's their week.
My Pick: Lions +1.5. Detroit wins 17-13.

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS @ DENVER BRONCOS
Line: Chiefs -1
O/U: 45
Denver has been pretty bad, but they are the type of team that steps up and wins when you don't expect them to. Then again, KC has a very good running game (best in the league...), and Denver's run D is the league's second-worst.
My Pick: Chiefs -1. KC Wins 24-20.

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS @ ARIZONA CARDINALS
Line: Cards -3
O/U: 41.5
Speaking of games I have no interest in watching...this one is going to be awful. For some reason I think the Seahawks will get it done this week, though I have no explicable basis for that determination.
My Pick: Seahawks +3. Seattle wins 20-17.

ST. LOUIS RAMS @ SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
Line: 49ers -5.5
O/U: 38
San Francisco still knows how to lose, and the Rams have learned how to win.
My Pick: Rams +5.5. San Fran wins 21-20.

DALLAS COWBOYS @ NEW YORK GIANTS
Line: Giants -14
O/U: 45.5
Wow...who would have imagined this spread when the season started? I'm honestly not sure which way to go with it. On one hand, the team may actually play with some heart for Garrett. On the other hand, the Ginats hate the Cowboys, and would love a chance to blow them out.
My Pick: Cowboys +14. I just can't give the G-men 2 touchdowns. NY Wins 30-20.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS @ PITTSBURGH STEELERS
Line: Steelers -4.5
O/U: 45
The Pats are coming off an embarassing loss, and will probably put up a good fight. I think the Steelers will win, but only by a field goal.
My Pick: Pats +4.5. Pittsburgh wins 23-20.

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES @ WASHINGTON REDSKINS
Line: Eagles -3
O/U: 42.5
McNabb pulled out the win in his emotional return to Philly, but that was a fluke. Vick has been outstanding, and I expect him to lead the Eagles to victory.
My Pick: Eagles -3. Philly wins 27-13.

BYES: GB, OAK, SD, NO

No comments: