Friday, November 19, 2010

Week Ten Recap

BALTIMORE RAVENS @ ATLANTA FALCONS
Line: Falcons -1
O/U: 44
My Pick: Ravens +1. Baltimore wins 23-20.
Result: Falcons 26-20
I tend to overestimate the Ravens every year. I like their defense a little too much, and it obscures my ability to pick against them.

NEW YORK JETS @ CLEVELAND BROWNS
Line: Jets -3
O/U: 37.5
My Pick: Jets -3. New York wins 27-17.
Result: Jets 26-20 (ot)
I was very lucky to beat this spread. The Jets keep playing down to their opposition. They better knock that off if they're going to contend for a ring.

HOUSTON TEXANS @ JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
Line: Jags -1
O/U: 49.5
Really? The Jaguars are favored? The Texans D has been bad lately, but their offense is good enough to run away with this one.
My Pick: Texans +1. Houston rolls 34-20.
Result: Jags 31-24
A bit of a weird finish...I'm not sure how the Texans have fallen so far after their first 3 games were so fantastic, but they have...Ever since they got blown out at home by the Giants they're just not the same team.

CAROLINA PANTHERS @ TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
Line: Bucs -7
O/U: 37
My Pick: Bucs -7. Tampa wins 20-9.
Result: Bucs 31-16
Tampa's offense keeps putting up points, and the defense is more than adequate to win games. I'm curious to see how long they can stay in the discussion for a playoff spot.

MINNESOTA VIKINGS @ CHICAGO BEARS
Line: Vikings -1
O/U: 40.5
My Pick: Vikings -1. Minnesota wins 23-20.
Result: Bears 27-13
The Vikings are done...and I hate to say that, because I really wanted to see Favre go out on top. Minnesota is another team that I tend to pick more because I WANT them to win...that's not a very good strategy.

CINCINNATI BENGALS @ INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
Line: Colts -7
O/U: 47
My Pick: Bengals +7. Indy is too banged up for me to bet on a blowout. Indy still wins 23-20.
Result: Colts 23-17
Called that one. Indy is going to need to get well soon...the Pats loom. It's always a competitive game, but the Pats get the edge if Indy's still all banged up.

TENNESSEE TITANS @ MIAMI DOLPHINS
Line: 0
O/U: 42.5
My Pick: Titans win 20-17.
Result: Dolphins 29-17
Miami finally learned how to win at home. I guess it required 3 quarterbacks...Now that Tyler Thigpen is their starter, people expect the passing offense to be better? I don't see it. They're still going to struggle through the air.

DETROIT LIONS @ BUFFALO BILLS
Line: Bills -1.5
O/U: 45.5
My Pick: Lions +1.5. Detroit wins 17-13.
Result: Bills 14-12
Damn! I wanted to call the Bills' first win - I didn't think this would be it. Expect them to get at least 1 more before the season concludes, simply based on the effort they put forth each game.

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS @ DENVER BRONCOS
Line: Chiefs -1
O/U: 45
My Pick: Chiefs -1. KC Wins 24-20.
Result: Broncos 49-29
God I hate the Broncos. They always pull this crap. they allowed the Raiders to score 59 points on them, yet somehow went out and scored 49 of their own against a team that has had a solid defense thus far, Kansas City. How can they be so bad one week and so good the next? It's mind-boggling.

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS @ ARIZONA CARDINALS
Line: Cards -3
O/U: 41.5
My Pick: Seahawks +3. Seattle wins 20-17.
Result: Seahawks 36-18
Arizona is bad. I have no idea how they almost beat the Vikings. Oh wait, yes I do. The Vikings are bad. It's the only logic that makes any sense. Don't get me wrong, though - Seattle isn't any good either.


ST. LOUIS RAMS @ SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
Line: 49ers -5.5
O/U: 38
My Pick: Rams +5.5. San Fran wins 21-20.
Result: 49ers 23-20
Right again. All season long I've been screwing myself by picking favored teams to win but not to cover. This week it finally started to work! I hate that one of these teams will likely be in the playoffs...

DALLAS COWBOYS @ NEW YORK GIANTS
Line: Giants -14
O/U: 45.5
My Pick: Cowboys +14. I just can't give the G-men 2 touchdowns. NY Wins 30-20.
Result: Cowboys 33-20
I guess coaching does make a difference! The Cowboys are willing to play hard for Garrett. They could end up with 6 or 7 wins. It's not going to be a playoff year in Big D, but maybe they can salvage some pride.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS @ PITTSBURGH STEELERS
Line: Steelers -4.5
O/U: 45
My Pick: Pats +4.5. Pittsburgh wins 23-20.
Result: Pats 39-26
My bad. I forgot the Pats never lose two in a row...

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES @ WASHINGTON REDSKINS
Line: Eagles -3
O/U: 42.5
My Pick: Eagles -3. Philly wins 27-13.
Result: Eagles 59-28
I called a lopsided Eagles win, but that was ridiculous! Wow. Now I can't help but wonder how good the Eagles really are. Their defense isn't shockingly good, but it's steady enough to get them to the playoffs, especially with Vick playing like the NFL version of Michael Jordan!

BYES: GB, OAK, SD, NO

No comments: